This unique tour takes you to Hrastovlje, typical Istrian village under the Carst edge. A visit of Hrastovlje can be a truly unforgettable experience. It brings together rich heritage, culture, nature and cuisine – all closely tied to tradition.
Your tour begins with short ride from cruise passenger terminal to the village of Hrastovlje. Your guide will present you Istrian region and the program of the tour. In Hrastovlje you will get 6 coupons and a postcard of Hrastovlje. Four coupons are used during the visit of the local sights and two coupons for experiences of your own choice.
Our guides will take you along the paths of the next local attractions: to the gallery of Jože Pohlen, one of the most remarkable Istrian artist, to the private collection of weapons, and to the Romanesque church of Holy Trinity, considered a real treasure of the Medieval mural paintings, among which the motif of the “Dance of Death” is the most famous.
During the pleasant and instructive visit, our guides will show you the so-called EXPERIENCE points. You can choose between tastings of wines and authentic food or guided visit of the Park of Istrian indigenous plants and animals. To make the experience truly memorable, you will also receive a postcard of Hrastovlje. Your tour concludes with some free time and relaxing drive through the Istrian countryside back to the pier.
Four Coupons are used for local sights:
1. Guided visit of the Hrastovlje village
2. Guided visit of the gallery of Jože Pohlen
3. Visit of collection war equipment and weapons
4. Guided visit of the church of the Holy Trinty
Two Coupons are used for local experiences – choose two among the following:
1. Dry meat store – visit and tasting of local food and wine
2. Restaurant Istran – prosciutto and tasting of local food and wine
3. Park of Istrian indigenous plants and animals – guided visit
General information: For all the facts not listed in the programme, the General conditions of the Istranka apply. Organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour or change the price and programme in case of unforeseen events or too small a number of participants.
- You are welcome to share the valuable information on this page with others who could use it